The market is in a state of constant change, therefore we adopt an active approach to investing. This allows us to take advantage of investment opportunities as they arise, and protect capital when markets are less favourable. The key principles that underpin our methodology are:
- An active portfolio management approach; we do not buy and hold.
- A focus on capital protection in less favourable markets and a more aggressive investment approach when times are more positive.
- A commitment to undertake our own detailed investment research and conduct regular company visits.
- An understanding of the changes of the local and global economic environments and how these changes are likely to impact on our clients’ investments.
- A management of risk through appropriate portfolio diversification.
- A focus on our key competencies, and in the instances where we lack specific skills and knowledge, we engage with organisations that can provide them for us.
- A Central Dealing Desk, while not commonplace in New Zealand, is a regular feature of international Fund Managers and moves us further towards best practice in this area. For further information on how this benefits our clients, please click here.