Here are some important points you need to know:
- The projection of your balance in this Milford Digital Advice Tool is an estimate only and is not a guaranteed outcome.
- It is important you revisit the tool regularly and at least every three years or when your circumstances change, to ensure you are on track to reach your goal.
- The tool is designed for use by current Milford Investment Fund clients or individuals looking to invest and would like advice to identify their investment goal, time horizon and appetite for risk.
- Milford has used its own fund return assumptions that have been prepared by an independent actuarial firm and should not be used to compare Milford fund projections with other managed fund providers.
Other important information
The projections are based on the information you have provided in the tool, and a set of detailed assumptions. It uses an average annual return expectation for each Milford Investment Fund and therefore your actual returns will differ each year but over the term of the illustration it will form a helpful guide as to what your investment could achieve.
The assumed returns in this tool are intended to provide you with a more realistic estimate of what we think the Investment Fund returns might be, based on our investment expertise and the track record of our funds’ past performance, albeit past performance is no guarantee of future returns. These assumptions have been prepared by an independent actuarial firm, EriksensGlobal.
Milford will regularly review its Digital Advice Tool assumptions and inform you of any material changes using the email address you provided when you used this tool. We would also expect you to revisit the tool every three years or when your circumstances change, to ensure you are on track to reach your goal.
An outline of the general assumptions we have used is as follows:
- Tax – we have assumed all clients pay the highest rate of PIR tax at 28%
- The assumed rate of inflation is 2% p.a.
- We have assumed life expectancy age from the latest life expectancy tables produced by Statistics New Zealand.